Answered

Can I use the Sonos One like a bluetooth speaker?

• 4 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I was given a Sonos One. I want to use it like a bluetooth speaker connected to my phone and my computer. I don't see any instruction for this - all I see is to connect it to Pandora or other streaming services. Can I use the speaker like a bluetooth speaker with my phone and computer?
icon

Best answer by Edward R 30 December 2019, 13:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Depends. Sonos doesn’t support Bluetooth streaming, but the Sonos One does support AirPlay 2. Do your phone and computer support AirPlay 2?
Note: this is one of the reasons why Sonos isn’t marketed as either a Bluetooth or computer speaker. It really is designed as an online streaming device, for whole home music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We’ve noticed this older topic has received a lot of attention recently.
​​​Please see below for the most up-to-date information concerning: “Can I use the Sonos One like a bluetooth speaker?”

No, the Sonos One cannot be used as a Bluetooth speaker. 
If the device providing the source material is Airplay 2 compatible, this may be a solution for you. A tutorial for this can be found here: Using Airplay 2 on Sonos.

If you want to use Bluetooth on Sonos, we have the Sonos Move & Move 2, and the smaller, more portable Sonos Roam, as well as the Era 100 and Era 300 speakers. Please see here for more details on the Sonos Move and Move 2 And here for more details on Sonos Roam and Era 100 and Era 300.

We have a guide that talks you through the  different uses of our products and describes which products have which functionalities. Click here to read that topic: “Which Sonos speakers are right for me?”

This topic will now be locked for any further responses.
If you would like to, you can start a new topic here.

Moderator note: We updated this article in October 2023 with new information below.

A complete list of products can be found here: Use Bluetooth on Sonos