ZP80 and turntable

• 1 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I’m starting off with Sonos by connecting a Beam to an LG TV and with a view to later on linking in two Play:1 speakers.
I’ve then seen that it is possible to connect an external turntable using a connect box. Looking at prices it is possible to get a second hand ZP80 for a lot less than the current ZP90 version.
So is there a lot difference between the two models or would the ZP80 suffice? As the turntable would be in the same room as the Beam and Play:1 speakers then I don’t want to look at another speaker such as a Play:5. If the ZP90 is the better alternative then I would look at that but if the cheaper ZP80 works well then that is the preferred option

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have ZP-80s and they are working just fine, they are old though. The ZP-90 name is gone, Sonos calls them the Connect now.

Comparison discussion: https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/zp80-versus-connect-6035145
Just know that as a 1st generation Sonos device, if/when Sonos starts retiring player devices, it will be the first to go. But we are not there yet. Personally, I'm moving to a new home in 6 months and at that time the ZP80 on my A/V system will be replaced by a Connect, and I'll move the ZP80 to the treadmill or something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Excess ZPs make handy headphone amps.
Badge
Thanks for the late reply back - delayed delivery for the TV and Beam caused that ! Finally got them installed over the weekend and very impressed with the Beam. Will bear in mind your info guys, much appreciated !