Answered

Wired speakers - do they exist?

• 7 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Ive been interested in investing in Sonos 5.1 surround sound stereo system, but confused with today’s technology. I presently have a stereo, RCA, wired, but would like to have better quality speakers. So, I thought Sonia speakers would be ideal. However, I’m not sure where to buy wired speakers. Everything seems to be Bluetooth wireless. I prefer landline for Bluetooth skips too much and clarity lacks on cloudy days. Where can I buy Sonos 5.1 surround sound stereo system and hook it up to my stereo?

Thank you,

RockyRoc

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2021, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

A Sonos 5.1 home theater setup will usually include a Sonos soundbar (like a Sonos Beam or Sonos Arc), a Sonos Sub, and two rear surround speakers (usually a pair of Sonos One SLs). The Sonos soundbar will connect directly to your TV through the TV’s HDMI ARC or optical port, not through a third-party AV receiver. The Sub and surround speakers communicate wirelessly with the soundbar.

If you want to add a current stereo setup to a Sonos ecosystem, look at the Sonos Port:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/port.html

The only two Sonos speakers that support Bluetooth are the Move and Roam, and they are not used in a Sonos home theater setup.