Will the Sonos Ones work in this room for surround sound

• 12 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m buying the Sonos arc and wanted to get the Sonos Ones for surroundsound but with the weird room layout I don’t know if it will work correctly. Would it even be worth it? If so how should I set it up, location wise?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Is your TV going to be mounted above the fireplace? Where is your sofa going to be positioned?

I don’t really see any other place to put the tv. So yes and the sofa will be against the left wall with a chair to the right a little.

Userlevel 7

I think surround speakers will work fine with your setup although they may feel a little unbalanced with the left side sounding louder. If I were you, I would just get the Arc all by itself first and test it out. You might be happy with the “virtual surround” effect the Arc produces on its own in your living room. And rather than adding surround speakers to the Arc, you should consider adding the Sonos Sub instead. Adding a subwoofer to a home theater setup makes a BIG difference.

Yeah I think your right. Thanks for the input! And I want the sub but am worried my neighbors down stairs will hate me.