Answered

Will S2 increase song limit?

• 27 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

What I’m hearing so far about the S2 software is making me really think about updating my remaining legacy products - especially the potential about supporting high-res audio. 

That said, my remaining concern has been the song limit - I’ve been relying on a DLNA server and now, as a better option, have migrated to Plex because my music collection is way larger than that. 

Curious, is S2 also going to raise this limit?

It would be nice to be able to simplify my setup by getting rid of the servers. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 27 March 2020, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

hi @eisenb11 

That said, my remaining concern has been the song limit - I’ve been relying on a DLNA server and now, as a better option, have migrated to Plex because my music collection is way larger than that. 

Curious, is S2 also going to raise this limit?

That has not been listed as an improvement with S2. However, who knows what the future may hold. Click the link for all the info that is availble for S2 to date.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hopefully, it’s an unannounced feature as 65k doesn’t seem to be an issue with competing device as far as I know. The official info is very short on the details. For examples, which high-res formats? And at what bit size and sample rates? June needs to get here sooner!

I concur with your last statement, for a plethora of reasons, including that one. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would worry with making the switch expecting a specific feature.   No one knows at this time so you don’t want to set yourself up for disappointment if you make the upgrade and it doesn’t happen.

There hasn’t been much of a priority on local music for a long time …. I wouldn’t be surprised it they increase it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t on their priority list either.

Is there any update on whether the 65000 song limit has been increased with S2?

No, there is no update.

Thank tou