Answered

WiFi turntable connection?

• 28 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all, 

Wonder if you can give me some advice please. I'm thinking of buying a turntable to play all of my old vinyl and I want it to work with my current Sonos setup. 

Everything that I've read suggests that it needs to be a cable connection between the turntable and speaker. Provided I buy a WiFi enabled turntable, can I connect via WiFi to the speaker? 

Many thanks 😀

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 February 2021, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi all, 

Wonder if you can give me some advice please. I'm thinking of buying a turntable to play all of my old vinyl and I want it to work with my current Sonos setup. 

Everything that I've read suggests that it needs to be a cable connection between the turntable and speaker. Provided I buy a WiFi enabled turntable, can I connect via WiFi to the speaker? 

Many thanks 😀

No, a turntable (with pre-amp built-in, or separate) will need to connect to a Sonos product that has a line-in port such as:

• Sonos Play:5/Five
  • Sonos Connect
  • Sonos Port
  • Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp

This in turn allows you to play your TT audio to any/every Sonos product in your home.

You might be able to get a BT wireless turntable to play wirelessly to a Sonos Move using Bluetooth, but it will play to that one Sonos speaker only, so I personally recommend you perhaps opt for the line-in connection.