Why can’t I order something that is backordered with Sonos Gift Cards?

• 17 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Seems ridiculous that because I chose to have someone give me gift cards for my bday rather than ask them to purchase me a Sonos Move outright (a little pricey of an ask, IMO), that I will have to wait until the product is back in stock to order. That means I will automatically be put at the back of the line...after everyone else orders theirs because I won’t be able to get online until the item is available. This seems to be a major oversight in the Sonos payment system. Disappointing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The website may not currently support it, but you can perhaps speak to the Sonos Sales Team over the phone or via email to see if they can perhaps resolve the issue for you. 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact

The website may not currently support it, but you can perhaps speak to the Sonos Sales Team over the phone or via email to see if they can perhaps resolve the issue for you. 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact

I called the sales department and the woman I spoke to was the one that told me that I wouldn’t be able to purchase the speaker (and carrying case) until it was in stock. Then I asked if there was any way to get myself on the list for when it becomes available and she said no, and that only people that are paying with a credit card can pre-order. That’s when I told her that it seemed kinda ridiculous that I’m being penalized for requesting a gift card from my family member rather than just buying it myself. I even asked if I could return the $500 in gift cards so that I could purchase the items with my credit card and again was denied. Mind you, this is after spending over $4000 on Sonos equipment over the last 4-5 months building a system at home and at my business. Again, quite disappointing.