What to get?

• 6 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Hi there im new to sonos and looking to get the beam and either a play 3 or 2 play ones which speaker is best to get one play 3 or two play ones please advise Many thanks :?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I would go with the play:1s. First off, if you plan on using the speakers in the same room as surround speakers, you need a pair of speakers. When setup like that you can have surround speakers play full stereo. If you are planning on using the speakers in a different room, I would still go with a pair of 1s over a single play:3 as it will give you stereo instead of mono.
Badge +1
Thanks Danny for your response i thought the play 3 was stereo when positioned horizontally and mono when vertical but may be ive read it wrong

Thanks again
Regardless, stereo actually needs physical separation to be able to hear sound coming from different sources. The Beam itself (and soundbars in general) are technically stereo, but won't sound as good as 2 separate speakers of the same quality with good separation.
Badge +1
Ok Thanks for your Help i might get 2 x play 3 then and then get play ones later on as cash allows to put around the home

Thanks again