What speakers to pair with sonos amp?

• 3 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Hey, was thinking about getting an Amp and would like to get a new pair of speakers and a sub in the near future. I'm really into the kef q350 and the Svs sb1000.
But I'm up for suggestions. Would like to spend around 500-750 on the speakers and around the same amount on the sub. What do you guys think?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

The 350 is an overkill with a Sub in the mix; its bass capability would be wasted. Better suited would be the present version of what used to be the Q100.
On the other hand, I have not found any Sub that really integrates well with the main speakers for music play, with the Sonos Sub being a notable exception. I would go with just the 350 pair and see if the Sub is really necessary.
But why not try a 5 pair + Sonos Sub? You may find after a listening test that it sounds just as good as KEF.
And if the line in jacks are not needed, even a 1 pair + Sub may be all you need, for a smaller price and footprint.
But a listening test is a must in either case.
Badge +1
Do you think the r100 with a smaller sub would be a better option. My family has a lot of Sonos speakers, playbar, beam, 3 5's, 2 1's and a connect:amp and I have listened to them a lot, but I have a friend who has the q150's and I would like to have a pair of kefs. But I'm up for suggestions and really thinking about the new amp. What speakers (who looks nice, that's a need) would you guys recommend?
IMO, the r 100 does not do enough more than the q 100 to justify the extra price.

Unless you have listened to a properly set up true play tuned play 5 pair + Sub, you have not heard them at their best.
Badge +1
If I were to get the 350's or 150', what amplifier and sub should I get?
If you want a Sonos interface to it, Sonos Amp and Sonos Sub.
Badge +1
Thanks for the tip, but any other advice för the sub?
None.
Badge +1
Just balled some questions with a couple of friends and right know I'm thinking about the Amp with a pair of as said a million times myself the q150's or 350's with a Schiit Saga (preamp) and a Schiit Loki (Interface)
Also thinking about delaying the Sub and opting for a turntable atm. What do you guys think about this?