Answered

What should I get for TV room?

• 5 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I’m redoing our TV room (15’ x 16’) and trying to figure out what might be the best combo. I’m trying to balance value and quality here.

Would the Beam and Sub Mini be enough for movies and general music?

I’m new to this, so forgive my ignorance. We have several Sonos speakers around the house, but this will be our first TV sound system purchase. (Currently have a mediocre Sony soundbar and sub).

Thx!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 August 2023, 04:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Your room is large enough to handle an Arc and Sub. This is what I would recommend.

Badge +1

Do you think I could get away with a sub mini with the Arc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Beam alone would be enough, we use one in a 16x16 foot bedroom and have no issues nor is the volume maxed out at normal listening levels.

The Sub-mini would add nicely to the sound the Sub even more.

We use a Beam and a Sub in the 10x10 foot office and while the Sub is way more than we need it balances nicely and isn’t overwhelming. A Mini would have been a better fit but it wasn’t available back when we did the room.

Still I’d lean towards the Arc, the stereo separation is better than the Beam and it will deal with any really loud music or TV. Sub or mini-Sub would either be nice but I haven’t got a mini to listen to to offer a suggestion there.