Volume

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hiya. I currently have a older connect amp (white one) and was wondering if I got the latest black one with 125 amps. Would it play louder.

It’s hooked up to a pair of Celestion Ditton 25 speakers. 
Plus when using an old I pod with line in the volume is crap even with everything on max.  
I’m not too good with Tech so simple replies please.  
Help please.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you adjusted the Source Level under the Line-In settings under System in the Sonos app? Also make sure the Audio Compression setting is set to Uncompressed.

Userlevel 7

In addition to what @GuitarSuperstar suggested… know this:

Keeping things simple…Using acmore powerful Amp will not make the speakers play louder. There is always a point wherein the speaker will clip when the driver’s limit is reached or exceeded. 

For example an Amp with 100 Watts RMS vs one with 50 Watts RMS in simplicity means that the speakers maximum volume limit may be reached at the 10 O’clock  position vs the 12 O’clock position with the less powerful Amp.

Hi Rashi

Cheers have done that and it has made a difference.

Hi AjTrek1

The reason I ask is that the speakers were hooked up to a Technics hifi for years (80’s. Vintage) which was about 60 watts. The volume was far far higher than it is from the connect amp. So the speakers are well capable of handling high volume. 
Is there anything I can do to improve this.