Question

VAT on UK Sonos Move??

• 10 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Random question, I noticed the Move does not regester any VAT in it’s price. Is it somehow exempt while the other speakers etc are not? 

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I wish!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It’s a new goverment policy to counter corona - no VAT on Sonos Move.  Makes as much sense as all their other policies.

Badge +1

very odd though

Perhaps the UK government is making a judgment on how much value add there is to the Sonos Move?

:)

I believe the price of the Move in the screenshot is showing inclusive of VAT £399.00. so maybe it’s just a display issue.

I purchased some other sonos devices recently from Sonos (UK) site and whilst I can’t truly recall how things were displayed on the website at checkout, I can say my emailed invoices each do show the 20% VAT separately in the totals column, if that helps at all?

There isn't the remotest, faintest, tiniest chance that VAT doesn't apply to the Move. Quoting retail prices inclusive of VAT is the norm.

The Move costs £332.50 + VAT.