Answered

Using Sonos with a pair of turntables

• 16 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I currently have an Arc, a Sub and pair of One SLs, which sound great. I’m thinking of trying to connect my old Technics 1210s via an analogue Pioneer DJM-300 mixer (which should have the necessary pre-amps) and then a PORT.

From what I’ve read, this sounds like it should work OK, and my primary purpose would just be for playing vinyl, but I’m wondering if it would be feasible to use this setup for actually mixing tracks. Would there be too much delay for that purpose?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 16 April 2022, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The delay in Sonos is 70ms at least. I do think this is a problem when mixing tracks, even when you do the actual listening when mixing on headphones.

Badge

I figured that might be the case, and a 70ms delay wouldn’t work.

Could another option be to get the AMP and a couple of passive speakers? Could I use the passives for mixing, but then flip over to regular Sonos streaming for just listening to vinyl?

The delay is there regardless of the unit it is played on.  Bottom line, Sonos cannot be used for mixing.