Question

Using a Play 5 (first gen) to connect my turntable to two Sonos Ones?

• 8 December 2017
  • 1 reply

My wife and I just got two Sonos Ones and set them up as a stereo pair. I would like to connect my turntable (and preamp) to the Sonos system, but don't want to spend $350 on a connect. A neighbor is selling his used Play 5 (first gen) at a pretty reasonable price. If I buy it, will I have any trouble connecting the turntable to it, and will I be able to connect it to the Ones wirelessly?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Shouldn't be a huge issue. You'll need a "pre-amp" most likely, to change the phono level input to a line level input, but those are cheap. Then some cables to connect between the pre-amp and the line-in, most likely RCA to 3.5mm headphone style, and you're good to go. Once the line in is active, you can send the music to any speaker in your Sonos system. In fact, if you choose not to have it play on the PLAY:5 where it will be plugged in, and only on the PLAY:1s, that's entirely possible.