Upgrading from Zoneplayers

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi - I’m looking to upgrade my old Zoneplayers and would like to run a turntable and possibly a CD player too.

Thinking about 2 x Era 300 running in stereo with the turntable connected to one and CD player the other. 

Would this work, and any other thoughts on the setup? Appreciate any advice on this!

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, that should work. You’d just want to be sure that your turntable has a built in pre-amp, or get an external one, to get the phono output to line level. And of course you’d need the line in adaptors from Sonos. 

Great, thanks very much. 

Any thoughts on whether a paired Era 300 setup would be better than a paired Five setup?

Can’t decide which to go for. It’s going in quite a large room.

300s would deal with any potential Atmos content better, it’s what their designed for….but there isn’t much of that (yet). I’d go for the pair of Sonos Fives myself. 

300s would deal with any potential Atmos content better, it’s what their designed for….but there isn’t much of that (yet). I’d go for the pair of Sonos Fives myself. 

For a large room (open concept space), I definitely agree. I would plan on getting a sub as well.  For a bedroom or typical enclosed room, you’ll be happy with Era 300, although I would add a sum to that as well.

And by ‘sum’, I think he means ‘sub’, and we’ll suggest autocorrect hit him ;)

But yea, a Sub or Mini-Sub would be a great addition. 

That’s great, thank you both!