Answered

Upgrade procedure?

• 30 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I don’t understand how it works. I received a email asking me to send my Sonos Amp via UPS…. why?

I readed we could keep or old product… so why do I need to send it?

If you will replace it by a new one, what’s the price therefor?

KR, David

icon

Best answer by Antifon 30 January 2021, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Returning the old product is optional. Either you can return it (and Sonos will recycle it) or you can keep it and continue to use it. The trade-up discount is the same, whichever of those you choose to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You may have ticked the “Send me a return label” box when doing the trade.

Shouldn’t be an issue, hopefully Support can confirm that for you.

I still don’t understand how to process to upgrade my AMP… Do I need to buy a new one?

Perhaps, then, it would be best if you were to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

As a separate note, the Amp is not eligible for an upgrade, but there are versions of the CONNECT:AMP that are. Two similar products in the way they work, but very different in age. 

Hi, i clicked upgrade a while ago on my play5 gen 2 - which works fantastically still - not knowing how it this upgrade thing works.  But now, in my sytem - its in the upgraded section -- how do i keep it my main system as i have no plans of not using it….i did just pre-order the Roam.  I have 2 one, a beam, play5 and now a Roam.  I want all of them to be kosher for a long time.  

Hi, i clicked upgrade a while ago on my play5 gen 2 - which works fantastically still - not knowing how it this upgrade thing works.  But now, in my sytem - its in the upgraded section -- how do i keep it my main system as i have no plans of not using it….i did just pre-order the Roam.  I have 2 one, a beam, play5 and now a Roam.  I want all of them to be kosher for a long time.  

Don’t do anything.  The upgrade status doesn’t affect the actual use of the device.