Answered

Upgrade Play 3 to era 300 surrounds?

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I'm currently using an arc and sub gen 3 with 2 Play 3 surrounds.  I was considering replacing the Play 3s with Era 300s.  Would I notice a significant improvement worthy of the cost?  Is there more to Atmos than just hearing jets fly overhead? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 January 2024, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Era 300s will give you a wider and taller rear soundstage than the Play:3s. They will also give you more bass. But the only way to hear the difference is to try them out for yourself. You can always return them if you decide they are not worth the extra cost.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I'll answer my own question.   I replaced my Play 3 surrounds with the era 300s.  It made a huge difference.   It fills the entire room with sound, and even makes the Arc sound better.   Now to find a home for the Play 3s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Rob_95 

Very good decision I think… 😎 With Atmos the Era300 as surrounds break a wall. 
And the P3 pair as a stereo setup is still a quite good option. Compared to a pair of One or Era100 I like it much more in sound quality.