Answered

Update my old hi-fi installation

• 15 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I would like to pass on Sonos system, but with this restriction: I would like to keep my existing Hifi system compose as followed :

1 amplifier hi-fi

1 cd player

1 platine player

1 radio recever

I would like to do a multiroom sonorisation, what will be able to diffuse the sound of my Hi-fi without remove it. How can i do it ?

regards

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 15 February 2021, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Port can be connected to a non-Sonos set up. This will bring the sound from. Ypur system to other speakers and Sonos-sources (say, Spotify) to your older system).

Thanks but the thing is I wanted to do the opposite things ^^’. get my amplifier sound on the sonos système without replace this amplifier :s

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry for the typos in my post. I meant to explain the Port works two ways: to bring the sound from your system into the Sonos environment and to bring sound from your Sonos system to your amp.

You’d need an amp with a tape loop (tape in and out). When using your amp as a source there might be a slight delay to the Sonos speakers, as the Port needs 70ms to sync/buffer the sound it’s receiving from your amp,