Answered

update beam to beam gen2 or arc ?

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Good morning, I have a beam gen 1 with mini sub and two symfonisk ikea etagere in surround. I would like to exchange the beam gen1 for a sonos beam gen2 or arc to enjoy dolby atmos and truehd, is there much difference on the sound quality between dolby digital 5.1 and dolby digital plus, dolby digital true HD and atmos please? my config 55 inch tv Living room 30m² length 14 meters width 4 meter sofa distance from tv about 3 meters

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 May 2023, 23:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

There is a pretty noticeable difference between standard Dolby Digital on the Beam (Gen 1) compared to Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Atmos on the Arc or Beam (Gen 2). If you can afford it, go with the Arc since it is larger and has more drivers including two upward-firing drivers.

Keep in mind that you need a TV with HDMI eARC and a Blu-ray player or Nvidia Shield Pro to play lossless Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos audio.

Thank you, I have a TV with HDMI 2.1 earc + a ps5/xbox serie X. on the other hand, I don't have a blu-ray player

Userlevel 7

Thank you, I have a TV with HDMI 2.1 earc + a ps5/xbox serie X. on the other hand, I don't have a blu-ray player

You can play Blu-ray discs on both the PS5 and Xbox so you are good.