Answered

Two Roams or One Five

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, I just wanted to ask for thoughts - is it better to get two Roams as a stereo pair or one five in stereo? 

I’m guessing the five has better sound but not really a whole lot of separation of audio...or do you think otherwise? 

I saw a thread on here about buying a Port or a five for a turntable and I bought a Port and now I’m using two Roams to listen to music in my office but now I’m thinking damn, maybe I should have just bought a five for everything (knowing i still need a preamp and line in)….

icon

Best answer by John B 9 June 2022, 09:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi, I just wanted to ask for thoughts - is it better to get two Roams as a stereo pair or one five in stereo? 

I’m guessing the five has better sound but not really a whole lot of separation of audio...or do you think otherwise? 

I’d say that sums it up pretty well.  And stereo separation is great when you are sitting in the best listening position, listening carefully, but not otherwise (IMO).  Of course the Roams offer other things as well, like Bluetooth and portability, so it depends on what you want from the whole package.

I saw a thread on here about buying a Port or a five for a turntable and I bought a Port and now I’m using two Roams to listen to music in my office but now I’m thinking damn, maybe I should have just bought a five for everything (knowing i still need a preamp and line in)….

I often advise people who want a Port just for line-in to consider a Five instead.  IMO the Five is generally a better buy in those circumstances. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you