Answered

TV/Record Player Integration

• 1 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I am looking to change over to Sonos for my home audio.  Currently, have a Yamaha receiver powering floor speakers for both my record player and TV.  Ultimately, what I would really like is if I could get audio from the record player through a Sonos speaker in another room (record player is in the living room and currently can’t be heard in the kitchen, for example).  Is there a Sonos product/setup I can get that will replace the receiver, play TV audio, and connect to other Sonos speakers to transmit record player audio to other rooms? 

Thanks in advance for any insights. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 December 2020, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Sonos Amp should do everything you require here. Connect the Amp to the HDMI Arc port on the TV to output the TV audio to your floor standing speakers. It also has an analog  Line-In for your record player, which needs either a built-in, or separate, pre-amp.

The TV audio, or Line-in (turntable) audio, can be output to other Sonos speakers in other rooms. 

You can read some further detail about the Sonos Amp here:

https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Famp%2Famp.htm

Thanks so much! Extremely helpful.