TV recommendations for Beam Gen 2 Sub Gen 1 & 2 x Play 1’s

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I currently have a 2014 Samsung TV that’s on its way out. It has an HDMI Arc port plus 3 regular HDMI ports. My Beam is connected to the HDMI Arc, and SkyQ & Firestick to regular HDMI ports.

My current set up works perfectly well with no issues, lypsync or sound quality etc but I’m looking for a tv with eArc to enable Atmos but want to be sure on compatibility and avoid potential issues.

Recommendations on tv’s to suit my set up would be greatly appreciated (without spending a small fortune). I was thinking Samsung or Sony.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I would stick with Sony or LG. Samsung TVs with eARC seem to have more issues than Sony or LG.

Badge +1

Hi GS

Thanks for that. My old Samsung works well using the Arc but your feedback re eARC is exactly what I’m looking for. 
I’ve seen comments re issues with LG TVs also and fewer negatives with Sony so maybe that’s the brand I’ll focus on. I’ve no experience of LG products but have had Sony tv and hifi way back that I was happy with.

Ta