Answered

Turntable

• 2 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I have a play 1 and a play bar. If I buy one of the turntables off the Sonos website, will I be able to connect it and play it off the two speakers I own?

thanks 

icon

Best answer by John B 2 November 2020, 09:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi.  No.  It is a conventional turntable, not made by Sonos.  You would need a Sonos product with a line-in, which means a Port, Amp or Five.  Sonos is fundamentally designed to play digital media, but the means to play from analog sources is available through those three devices (and their predecessors, the Connect and Connect:Amp).

John, 

Thank you for that. Appreciated. 

hello,

I would like to hook a turntable up, but I do no have the right sonos product. But I do still like my sonos play base and my sonos 1. The Play Base does not have line-in.  is their any way I can do this?  I heard about products like a Deltaco HDMI Switch Premium. My Play Base is also connected to the TV.  Can anyone help me solving this?    thank you /p

palle norgaard,

No, you would need a product accepts line level analog audio and converts to HDMI video. I’m not aware of a product that does this directly. I have seen products that will convert Composite video sources to HDMI. In your case you would need to provide a fake video source to accompany the turntable’s analog audio. This converter’s output would be an input to an HDMI switch.

In my opinion this would not be a very nice arrangement to operate. It would be a three “box” solution -- converter, video source, HDMI switch. 

thank you, very usefull