Answered

TruePlay Question

• 13 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 9 replies

I have an extensive Sonos setup but have not used TruePlay.  I am not an Apple person but may wish to acquire an ios device for the sole purpose of configuring TruePlay.  What would be the best ios device to look for for this purpose?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 June 2021, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Rather than acquiring one, I would just ask a friend who has one to come over, and ‘borrow’ the device for the ten minute (max) process. Once it is set up, you can toggle it iff or on using your Android device. You’d only need to borrow it again if you move your speakers around. 

You probably should read the FAQ here, as well. 

Badge +2

Good suggestion, thanks!

Honestly, there is limited value in the TruePlay process, in my opinion, if you’ve more or less ‘properly’ situated your speakers. It can help in more complicated situations, but I have several EP rooms in my home that I have avoided doing the process, as the normal setup I have is fine. However, there are other places where I do perceive a bigger benefit. Your mileage may vary ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I picked the newest and least expensive Apple device supported by Sonos and went shopping the used market. I found a decent deal on ebay and picked one up.

I’m pretty happy with the difference in the sound after TruePlay, not a big difference in some rooms, much more audible - and better in others.

I’d say as above, borrow one and try it out. If you like it and seem to keep moving speakers around then maybe buy something, but for most folks that won’t be the case.