Answered

TrueHD Atmos and TV eARC

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi!

Does the TVs eARC port must also be HDMI 2.1 so that it's possible to have Atmos via TrueHD on Sonos Arc? What is the minimal HDMI version on eARC port to ensure Atmos via TrueHD from TV (assuming that TV sends/passes through Atmos via TrueHD)?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 11 March 2021, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!

Does the TVs eARC port must also be HDMI 2.1 so that it's possible to have Atmos via TrueHD on Sonos Arc? What is the minimal HDMI version on eARC port to ensure Atmos via TrueHD from TV (assuming that TV sends/passes through Atmos via TrueHD)?

Thanks!

HDMI ARC was introduced with version 1.4, with eARC only being introduced with version 2.1 of HDMI...

Thank You for answering :)

Anyway, I’m asking because my plan is to eventually buy Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x OneSLs and trying to find a TV that can get me TrueHD Atmos on Sonos Arc (via internal playback or external player connected to TV via HDMI, like nvidia shield pro).