Answered

Too much for a small room?

• 19 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I've ordered the full ARC 5.1.2 system which is on back order until the end of Oct. My movie room is only 9m square (3m x 3m) and I've seen some reviews saying that your room needs to be at least 16m square to benefit from the sound as the system would be too overpowering for any rooms smaller than this, anyone have the full set up in a small room like mine? With the Beam 2 offering artificial Atmos I'm wondering if I'd be better swapping the Arc for the Beam 2 however there aren't any reviews in it yet and I'd want to know what the Atmos effect is like before making that decision.

​​​

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 September 2021, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

That’s a pretty small room, so it might be a bit too much especially if you are using the two surround speakers too. But a smaller room is better for hearing the overhead channels from Dolby Atmos audio. So I would go ahead and test it out. Test it with just the Arc, just the Arc + Sub, and then with the Arc + Sub + surrounds. If it’s too much, you can always return the Arc and try the Beam.