to Port or not to Port

• 2 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I have an old HK receiver I used for a  theater back in the day. Converted the entire house to Sonos now. I wanted to to set it up in garage and connect the port to it,to run some additional outdoor speakers in the backyard around the pool. I have the Sonos amp connected to my ceiling speakers outside which produce great sound but the back of the yard  not so much. I would prefer buying the port vs another amp to save some dollars. Looking for some suggestions if I should try and use the port or make it simple and just by another Sonos amp. 

I know the newer receivers have more options for the Port but this is just for 2- 6” landscape speakers so buying a new amp or receiver seems like overkill. Any suggestions welcomed..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I would go with the Port and test it out. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, you can always return it and go with the Amp. But the Port should work fine with that receiver.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Connect it to the Tape in and out on the receiver or the coaxial in (and the Tape out), setting volume to fixed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’d just get another Sonos Amp.