Answered

To Boost or not to Boost

• 21 August 2018
  • 2 replies

My current system consists of a playbar grouped with 2 play 1s for the TV room, 3 other play 1s in other rooms, a connect Amp, and a gen 1 play 5 and also a Sonos bridge. I am having a whole home wireless network installed. Basically 2-4 access points on PoE back to the router. Do I upgrade the bridge to a boost or just use the new whole home wifi? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 August 2018, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Bridge is the only SonosNet 1.0 device you have so I'd consider replacing it.

A Boost is always a good option but wiriing an existing speaker to your Ethernet is almost as good. If no existing speaker can be wired adding a Play 1 for a bit more than a boost isn't much weaker on the networking side and it gives you another speaker.

I'm not a big fan of Standard Mode over Boost Mode but you could try that as the cheapest option if you don't have a speaker you can wire to Ethernet now.
Thanks for the information. I am thinking I will just invest in a Boost. I have a lot of the equipment racked up in a closet, so really no need to put a speaker in the closet.