Answered

TCL 65R615 OR VIZIO P series 65 inch 2018 models with PlayBar ..will it fit??

• 3 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I know the Playbar is 3.35 inches in height but I need to know if it will fit with either of these tvs? I have a slight idea of the height with the legs on the tv but don't want it getting into the screen at all
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 July 2018, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can usually find the specs for the tv legs/feet on the web. For example on the TCL.

https://www.tclusa.com/sites/default/files/2018-04/615_SpecSheet.pdf

You can do the math to determine that the legs are about 3 inches tall, and eleven inches deep. You should be ok if you lay it on it's back, but not laid on it's side (like it were placed on the wall). You could possibly raise it up on hockey pucks or something.

It's hard to tell if the playbar can be placed between the legs or not. It would be close. You might need it to be in front of the legs., which mean the shelf/top you place it on needs to be at around 16 inches deep.

You should be able to do the same sort of checks with the vizio. I think you may find that the playbase is going to be a lot easier to work with when not mounting on a wall, regardless of what tv you use.