TCL 65' 6 series tv and PlayBar.. playback issues??

• 8 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I just bought the TCL 6 sERIES 4K TV, and I want to dive into the Sonos community. I listened to both the Playbar and Playbase both with the SUB, and I really like the sound of the Bar over the Base. The Beam just seems to small for me, I want big loud music into my 12x14 rectangular living room. Will there be any setup or playback issues with this TV or setup?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I wouldn’t think so, assuming it has an optical out and can generate a Dolby Digital signal.
Badge +1
Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that some people were getting no sound from Netflix due to DTS?
Hence my caveat around a Dolby Digital signal. I'm not terribly familiar with that TV, but if the app can't adjust to a Dolby Digital signal, then yes, you'd have trouble. If you want me to go look at the specs, please post a link to them.
Badge +1
Said it supports Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.
Then you're good. The Sonos speaker processes Dolby Digital, but not Dolby Digital Plus.
do any of you fine folks, know the best settings for a TCL Series 6 Roku TV and the playbar with sub and 2 Sonos Ones. Been messing with the audio settings and want to make sure I get the best out of the tv and audio. Thanks!