Symfonisk or One SL

• 28 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hey guys, I’m m brand new here just got a SONOS Beam Gen 2. First i got the Harman Kardon Multibeam but i was so disappointed with the sound so i decided to give Beam a try and its uncomparable difference (only the pain of setting up the Google assistant which has to work through Assistant app, which is not available in my country, instead of Google home app like every other device), I’m simply loving the sound. Of course my next decision is about the surround sound. I live in an apartment so sub is out of question if I don’t want my neighbors to murder me. I’m now torn between SONOS One Sl or cheaper IKEA Symfonisk… Is the extra 200$ on pair (yeah, in my country is Symfonisk pricy 135$) worth the difference? Or should i go for the more expensive Symfonisk frame? I would love your thoughts because I am just confused. Thanks for the help in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Mate 

I have the Beam with the Symfonisk 2 rear speakers in my view very good sound and easy to set up via the Sonos app, i am sure they cost £85 each at Ikea . The power cord is short though 3 Feet about a metre in length , good to check where you are positioning  them and the distance to plug socket 

Cheers 

Wayne

Which symfonisk speaker are we talking about?  The bookshelf speakers are inferior, but perhaps good enough for surround sound duty.  From what I’ve heard personally and general opinion, the lamp is pretty close to the One SL in quality, and certainly up for surround duty.  However, it’s not much of a cost savings, and you have to like the look of the thing.  The picture frame is supposed to be pretty good, but I have not heard it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have the bookshelf ones, and are fine for me and Spotify sounds good via them.ok if you want two new lamps i suppose 😄, heard a few rear speakers but never really been impressed with any think i am expecting too much sound....if that makes sense !!

Badge

I was thinking either the bookshelf ones or the frame ones, i think two lamps would be a bit overkill from aesthetics point of view 😁 i kinda dig the “portability” of One or Symfonisk bookshelf for terrace parties, etc. I was just wondering if someone had direct comparison using them for surround sound, because listening to them in IKEA showroom didn’t make me any smarter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

They are ok for Surrounds , but surrounds are just that really just for background sounds 

But for Music Spotify , Radio etc...for me they are very strong 

Badge

So i have an update and conclusion. I went to Ikea and to my local electronics store and bought two bookshelf Symfonisks and two SONOS Ones SL. After i tried the Ikea option i was pretty much convinced it won't get any better, they sounded really well and upgraded the sound of soundbar a lot. But I couldn’t resist to try the pair of Ones, what a dumb idea. There is something that the Symfonisks are missing, the sound is just not so clean and in my opinion the transition from front to back isnt as smooth as on the One. The Ones play superb, i even use them now as the main audio for listening to music, shutting the Beam completely off. So yeah Symfonisks are great but the few bucks more for Ones SL are so much worthed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

As long as you are happy Matej 

Enjoy 😉