Answered

Suggestions for a new Sonos buyer

• 28 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advise. Currently I have an old setup (like 6-7 years old, and it was already a budget option back then). It's starting to fall apart, quite literally tbh.

As I want to upgrade it, I would love to get in the Sonos ecosystem. But I'm wondering if it's Worth it, and if yes what would be the best way for me to get in.

Currently I'm thinking about getting a Beam, most likely together with 2x Play 1's. I like this, as I can also expand it in the future. Maybe even add in a sub, but those are a bit to expensive I guess.

Would that be an overkill? Its coming in to a small appartement. The measurements/size of the living room are about 40m2 (8m (L) x 5m (W) x 4m (H). The ceiling is quite high at about 4 meters. Will this make any difference in which products to buy? Also, are there budget stands you can recommend? As it's a rental appartement, so I cannot drill walls.

I'm not interested in a multi room setup, as its just a 1 bedroom apartment.

Any tips? And what about the used/refurbished market? Are there any specific details that I have to be aware of (beside the usual things)?

Thanks a lot for the help!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 January 2019, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you watch both TV, and listen to music, then it sounds like your thoughts are spot on. Your profile doesn’t state where you live, but sometimes Best Buy has open box devices...but not alway. I’d be cautious about eBay, unless you’re comfortable with the return policy from the seller. That being said, the Beam is a relatively new product, and there doesn’t seem to be any manufacturing issues, as the reports here in the forum seem to be about lack of knowledge with connecting to the TV.
Hi there! Thanks for the comment. I live in The Netherlands. Unfortunately I cannot buy from BB as they don't ship out. As far as I know there aren't any open box retailer's here, but I have found a deal where I can get 2x play 1 for €200,00 (refurbished). That together with a new Beam would be a option. Glad you think it's a good option!

I use it both for movies (Netflix) and gaming on a Xbox One X. I don't care about the voice assistant as Alexa isn't available here, and probably won't come soon (the Amazon store is still books and CDs only...).

I'm getting really excited about these products!
I’m actually a fan of refurbished product, as I’m of the opinion they get more extensive testing than a normal boxed product. Just make sure the seller is reputable. I am in the states, so I’m not sure if the two PLAY:1s at 200 Euros is a good deal or not 🙂 Enjoy your Sonos!