Suggest speakers for my condo

• 21 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I'll be moving into a new condo. My current thought is that the 2nd bedroom will have my audiophile setup and I'll want a port for there. The living room will have a 50” ish tv and I'll want some speakers and sub for it. Finally, for the main bedroom and deck I could use a pair of potable speakers. Maybe I'd use them in the kitchen too. I'm not too concerned about audio quality for tv purposes but I like the idea of that audio being good for music. I'm not sure of how the audio at the tv would extend to the kitchen.

I'm looking for suggestions for the tv audio and pair of portable speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

An Arc and a Sub for the TV, that open room is going to probably need more than the Sub-Mini can come up with and the Arc is better for music than a Beam to my ears.

Kitchen a couple Era 100s, maybe above the cabinets if you can.

Main bedroom, a Beam would be pretty good.

I wouldn’t say no to a 100 in the main bath either.

Mobile Sonos I’ll leave to other folks.

Thanks. I have some photos of the place now. I don’t think there is any place to put era 100 above cabinets. I wonder if a single speaker can go on the dsp shelf, facing the kitchen? Although I’m not sure what that cabinet space would do to the audio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The cabinet location shouldn’t be too bad as long as the speaker is to the front of the shelf.

Looking at the kitchen picture, have you considered using a pair of 100s on outlet mounted shelves? I use one in my kitchen for a Sonos One and I’m really happy with that. I did make a splash cover for it out of speaker cloth or you can buy a Sound Skin pre-made cover.

A wall mount bracket, near the outlets but above them would also be a good option. You might be able to bring power down from the cabinet giving a cleaner look too.

The cabinet location shouldn’t be too bad as long as the speaker is to the front of the shelf.

Looking at the kitchen picture, have you considered using a pair of 100s on outlet mounted shelves?

A wall mount bracket, near the outlets but above them would also be a good option.

Do you mean the shelf on the side of the island, kind of lower down on the left?

Wall mount near the outlets - the backsplash by the sink? It’s hard to tell from the photo but that wall is quartz.

thanks for your suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I was looking at the shelf unit by the table, the one on the island wouldn’t be bad for ambient music though.

The outlet shelves do not attach to the wall, they only attach to the electrical box so the will not damage your wall. For the One, don’t see one for the 100s though.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-outlet-shelf-one-play1