Answered

Sub mini or Sub Gen 3

• 29 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

Finally joined Sonos and got myself a Beam Gen2, One and SL. 
Setup for home theatre is all done, and I’m very happy on how things connect, app setup and integration with Apple HomeKit. 
As happy I can be… I’m missing bass, all I have is a great experience but I love my movies and missing that punch. 

Dilema here is, Sub mini or Sub Gen 3

Small apartment with living room and open concept kitchen. 

I will never be able to use sound over mid volume as it’s an apartment, on that note… Sub mini or Gen 3?

Thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 29 December 2022, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would say Sub Mini if you aren’t going to crank it.  I’m in an open floorplan condo and the Sub Gen 3 is LOUD!!  I barely have it at 25% and you can feel it in your chest when it hits. 

Badge

I would say Sub Mini if you aren’t going to crank it.  I’m in an open floorplan condo and the Sub Gen 3 is LOUD!!  I barely have it at 25% and you can feel it in your chest when it hits. 

Oh that’s very helpful, thank you. 
And saves me money too :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Start with the Mini, likely what you need but you can always exchange it for the big Sub if it falls short.

Badge

Start with the Mini, likely what you need but you can always exchange it for the big Sub if it falls short.

Sounds like a great idea. And after just buying Beam and One’s I can’t justify the Gen 3 price atm. 

Sonos is giving me an Apple vibe… once you get one product you want more and more. Oh dear what have I done :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes… my apartment is also not big at all. I have dual SUB and put one under my couch, can really feel the explosion and gun shooting 😆