Answered

Streaming my own music from a NAS to my own amplifier and speakers

• 11 March 2018
  • 2 replies

I want to stream my own music from a NAS to my own amplifier and speakers. It's the streaming and music selection part I'm having trouble with. I currently use a Plex server with Plex phone app with a Chromecast Audio doing the streaming. But my wife is struggling with all the extra steps (get out phone, launch app, wait to load library, find and select music, select 'cast', select specific Chromecast device, wait for connection etc). And that's when the Chromecast is even available on the network, which isn't a given.

I'm wondering if there's a better way. Some kind of streaming device that plugs into my amplifier and is always connected to the source plus a phone app that caches the library well and is always connected to the streaming device so that we don't have to set up the connections every time we want to listen to music.

Is there a Sonos product to help with this? Or can anyone suggest a different product mix?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 March 2018, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos Connect.
Excellent, thank you