Speaker system

• 27 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I want to have a speaker in my bedroom, living room and pool and all work together wirelessly. What do I need?

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Bedroom - Five or pair of Ones

Living Room (connect to TV) - Arc or Beam with a Sub and One SLs as surrounds

Pool - Move (portable)

You could have one (or more) Sonos ‘Move’ speakers, which is a rechargeable portable speaker and use that both indoors and outdoors - it depends what size speakers you need for your size of rooms, how much you’re perhaps looking to spend etc.

A little more info is required, as you may want several speakers around a pool area or living room.. or if you want a TV HT setup for the living room etc. 

However, just to briefly mention that all new Sonos products will work with each other over a wireless connection and here are the system requirements for you to consider as part of your current research prior to any purchase.

Thanks! I don't need anything crazy, just want real nice sound in these areas. Do the Sonos move have decent sound,? Will they fill a 17x20  living room?

Thanks! I don't need anything crazy, just want real nice sound in these areas. Do the Sonos move have decent sound,? Will they fill a 17x20  living room?

I have two ‘Moves’ and I like how they sound as standalone speakers. I leave them on their charger-loop most of the time indoors and then carry them outside. They last a good 8-10 hours on one full charge when taken outdoors. They also support Bluetooth connections and have Alexa or Google voice control.   They can be grouped or stereo paired when on WiFi. 

In terms of their sound quality, I tend to ‘personally’ rank the Sonos devices in this ascending order: 

• Roam or Roam-SL
  • One or One-SL
  • Move
  • Five
  • Beam or Amp (HT)
  • Arc or Arc-SL (HT)

In a 17’ x 20’ room… I would personally go for 2 x Sonos Fives and a Sub for music-audio only. 

For a HT setup (Music & TV),  I would likely opt for Sonos Arc, 2 x Sonos One-SL’s and a Sub