Answered

Sonos Upgrade Program Question

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

This is 3 questions in 1 post. 

Can I keep my old products (or sell them or give them to family?) when taking advantage of the upgrade or do I need to send them back in order to take advantage of the offer?

If selling/giving away, do I just do a factory reset? Do I then need to dis-associate them from my account?

Is the Sonos Boost mandatory if moving to S2?

icon

Best answer by John B 2 June 2021, 11:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This is 3 questions in 1 post. 

Can I keep my old products (or sell them or give them to family?) when taking advantage of the upgrade or do I need to send them back in order to take advantage of the offer?

You can keep them and do what you like with them.

If selling/giving away, do I just do a factory reset? Do I then need to dis-associate them from my account?

Just factory reset.  They will stay on your account until registered to someone else’s account.  You cannot change this but it doesn’t matter.

Is the Sonos Boost mandatory if moving to S2?

No.  Any wired Sonos device can perform the role of the Boost.  Also, for many years now it has been possible to operate Sonos without a wired device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3235?language=en_US

Thanks!