Answered

Sonos turntable

• 23 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi! I have a playbar and two Sonos ones set up as surround speakers. I want to add a Sonos turntable but am confused what I will need to connect it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 December 2020, 21:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you meant a “Sony” turntable.

You can either add a Sonos Five, Sonos Port, or Sonos Amp to your Sonos ecosystem which all include audio ports that will allow you to connect your turntable. Once added, you will simply group your Five, Port, or Amp setup to your existing speakers and the music from the turntable will play through your Playbar and surrounds (and Five if you choose this option).

Badge

Hi thank you so much for this information. I was looking to buy one of the turntables advertised on the Sonos website (project T1) I did not mean a Sony one. I am assuming that will be the same as above. I’m a bit of a novice so will need an easy option! Hehe

Thanks once again. Merry Christmas.

Userlevel 7

Yes, any turntable would use the same solution. Another option is to purchase a used Sonos Play:5, a Connect (Gen 2), or Connect:Amp (Gen 2) if you want to save some money. All three of these products are discontinued by Sonos though, so I recommend the Five, Port, or Amp instead.

Badge

Excellent, that’s very helpful. Thank you.