Question

Sonos Sub.

• 11 November 2020
  • 5 replies

hi  all

is there any easy way to tell a Gen 1 sub from a Gen 2

thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dave hutch, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your question on Sonos Sub Gen 1,2 and 3, the difference is: Sub (Gen 3) brings the same iconic design and bold bass as Sub (Gen 2) with an increase in memory, processing power, and a more powerful wireless radio. Sub (Gen 1) was first released in 2012, with a minor refresh with Sub (Gen 2) in 2016. If you purchased the Sub before 2016, it is likely to be a Gen 1 version. In terms of physical aspects, all of them are almost alike with each other. You can send me a private message as well with the Serial number of your Sonos Sub so we can check in our end if what version it is. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

private message sent

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dave hutch, thanks for the update. I checked your private message and the serial number of the Sonos Sub that you have, it shows in our system that it is a Sonos Sub Gen 2. If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

thank you simon thats great

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dave hutch, thanks for the update. You’re Welcome. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.