Question

Sonos Sub

• 6 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi I have a sonos playbar and 2 play 1,s. Would you recommend getting a sub as well, or swapping the playybar for a sub.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Depends on what you listen to. If you've got them set up as a 5.0 system for the TV, then I'd get a SUB as well, and you'd end up with the full 5.1 experience.

If you don't watch TV much, and mostly listen to music, then you could swap the PLAYBAR for a SUB.

If it were me, I'd go with the first suggestion, of adding the SUB. You'll be happy all sorts of ways.
Thanks for the response I listen to tv
Then definitely add, not swap, the SUB.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I found the addition of the sub to my playbase to be a significant upgrade.
You could perhaps get more overall value by adding a Sub, deleting the play 1 units and moving/using them in other parts of the home, either singly or as a stereo pair for music. Else all they will do is surround sound which - IMO - is over rated at home.

And with Sonos, it is easy to experiment and decide for yourself to see what you prefer.
Badge
I agree with Kumar,

If the tv is important, the playbar must stay. Not to mention having a playbar hooked up gives those that want the ability to use Sonos with youtube, netflix, hulu, etc. etc.

listening to music = play 1's +sub
watching tv = playbar + sub

I would like to add, there is an option (when hooked up to 5.0 or 5.1) to switch rear speakers out of ambient sounds, and get full stereo out of it while playing music.
I'll also add that playbar + sub + play:1's is also great for music!