sonos sonance in ceiling with Amp plus sub

• 20 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I currently have play1 s set up as L / R plus sub. Really like this setup.  We are redoing our living room and the new design is forcing me to consider in ceiling solution. I am planning on going with sonos in ceiling speakers with existing sub and amp. We already have the wiring ( previously installed ).  This will be purely for 2 channel music.  Does any one have this set up ? How is the quality of sound compared with two play ones + sub. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I've no experience with this myself, but this review is very favorable: https://www.slashgear.com/781992/sonos-architectural-review-the-surprises-of-pro-installation/

Thanks for this article.  Very helpful. This talks mostly to using in ceiling plus amp for rear surrounds.  I was hoping to get an insight into how the in ceiling speakers with sub and amp sound for music.  Look forward to any other thoughts / suggestions on this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We often install the Sonos Amp with a pair of Sonos x Sonance in-ceiling speakers. For both; surround setup or stand alone zone, the sound is good. I must admit I’ve never directly compared them to a stereo pair of Play:1 / One / One SL though.