Sonos setup for small room

• 3 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Sonos community,

Looking to get your advice on a Sonos setup for a small tv room.

The room is 14’x7’5” with a ceiling height of 230cm. All that is in the room will be a 65” tv and 2 chairs. What would you recommend for a movie watching experience? 

Many thanks for your help,

Kelly

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Wjkuk, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m leaning more towards suggesting a Sonos Arc, mostly due to the size of the TV with a close second, a Sonos Beam (Gen2).

You can give it a try and, if you purchase directly from Sonos.com and are not satisfied with the result, you can use our Money Back Guarantee policy for a refund.

I hope this helps.

The TV will be place on the short wall?  Will the 2 chairs be on the opposite wall, or further into the room?  Does the room have walls on both sides of the TV?

I would agree that the Arc is likely a good fit for this room, but more info could change that recommendation.  For example, if there are no side walls to the room (it’s an open space) or you plan on sitting about 5 ft from the TV, then I would likely recommend a Beam instead.

Thanks for your help all. I had been thinking of a Beam with 2x100s.

The TV will go on the long wall. The two long walls, and one short wall are brick. The other is a glass divider into another room with similar dimensions.

I appreciate the viewing distance isn’t great, but it’s a garage so our only space to crank the volume up on films and not disturb the neighbours!