Question

Sonos Setup for Music and Home Theater - Best Options

• 9 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I considering Sonos for streaming music and home theater use.  Good sounding music a little more important than the home theater experience.  I would Wi FI stream Spotify to the Sonos speakers for music as I don’t have a receiver.  Home theater would come from the cable box or BluRay player.  Seems like there are different solutions for music and home theater.  Any suggestions?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have an Arc/Sub/pair of Fives set up as a home theatre system.

In my opinion, for home theatre the Fives are probably overkill, but when listening to music they are excellent. You just have to get used to the bulk of the sound coming from behind you though when listening to music. But the quality and volume is superb.

In an ideal world, I would like to be able to “share” my Sub easily between my Fives placed at the front of the room ( for listening to music) and the Arc and a pair of smaller Ones or Ikea Symfonisks as the rears for home theatre. Currently there is no easy way to switch the Sub between two set-ups. If this ever became an option, then I would go down this route. For now though, I am happy to listen to music through the home theatre set up with Fives as the rears. 

Prior to getting the Fives, I had a pair of Ones as the rear surrounds. I wasn’t 100% happy with the sound quality though when listening to music. Something was lacking in the mid range.