Answered

Sonos Set Up

I have a wired stereo. I just need the Sonos internet box and a bridge. What should I order ?

icon

Best answer by ratty 10 July 2022, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Can you post your make/model of the ‘stereo’ that you wish to connect and what are the Sonos players you are looking to connect it to, or are you just looking to play the services available via the Sonos App/Airplay to your stereo?

In general, without the specifics that @Ken_Griffiths is asking for, you should be looking at a Sonos Port, which can be attached to a standard amplifier’s tape loop, and provide a Sonos stream to the wired speakers. 

A Port. And no bridge (or Boost, its modern equivalent) is required. Simply put the Port on the router’s WiFi, ideally the 5GHz band (signal range permitting),

I’d assumed the word ‘bridge’ was in its standard context as a thing between two systems, and not actually the Sonos product no longer made. Perhaps erroneous of me.