Answered

sonos playbar plus play 5 plus play 1?

• 17 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, sooo, I have the Sonos Playbar and 2 Play ones in my living room. I mainly use the system for listening to music and not actually to watch many movies (contrary to what I had planned years ago when I bought the playbar). 
Anyway, I am moving to a bigger apartment so I would like to add speaker(s) to my setup. What would you recommend I should add (all in the same room). Shall I go for one play 5 or another play 1 and the sub? I appreciate that it won’t improve my movie sound experience but that’s not what I am going for as I said earlier.

thanks for your help !

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 April 2021, 05:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are primarily listening to music, Sonos’ best speaker for music is the Five or Play:5 (Gen 2). For the best music-listening experience, get two Fives and pair them as a stereo pair.

Adding a Sub to your Playbar/Play:1s to complete your 5.1 setup would be a pretty good option too.

Note: The Five or Play:5 will not technically be part of your 5.0 home theater setup unless you decide to replace your pair of Play:1s as surrounds with a pair of Fives. Also, if you group the Five or Fives with the Playbar/Play:1s, you will experience a slight audio delay from the Fives when watching TV or a movie. But music will be in sync.

Thanks a lot! Yep, I think I’ll be going for the Five(s) then. I think the sub would indeed be great to enhance my movie experience with 5.1 sound, but that’s not my first priority. 
If the music will be fully sync when adding the Five(s) then that’s what I am looking for and probably gives me the best sound in my new room.

thanks again!