sonos play bar

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos play bar and was wondering what are the best sonos speakers that will hook up with play bar? I want to place a wireless speaker on an end table so I can hear It better

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lib2148,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Appreciate your interest in adding Sonos products to your system. Let me help you with this.

Using the Sonos app, you can configure your 2 Sonos Ones or 2 Sonos One SL as surround with Sonos Playbar in a home theater setup. Sonos speakers of the same model can be bonded together as a single room in the Sonos app, providing a wider stereo experience. You can group two or more products together so they play the same content in sync with your Playbar. 

We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide their own opinion about this. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We’ll wait for your reply.

I was thinking of getting 2 sonos ones or the 2 sonos one SL, but haven't decided yet on which. Thank you for replying quickly. Basically was asking which ones were good and compatible with play bar. Thanks for answering. Which ones would you get??

Userlevel 7

I was thinking of getting 2 sonos ones or the 2 sonos one SL, but haven't decided yet on which. Thank you for replying quickly. Basically was asking which ones were good and compatible with play bar. Thanks for answering.

If you don’t need voice control with Alexa or Google, get the One SLs to save some money.

Note that ‘hearing better’ is not the function of a surround speaker. Sonos does not have a solution for the hard of hearing, in which the center channel (mostly the voices) is replicated in another speaker, without a 75 ms delay, which could be very disconcerting.