Answered

sonos play 5 gen 1or 2.

• 8 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a Sonos beam which I control via the Sonos app and am delighted with it. I am now looking to add a Sonos speaker fo playing music in an adjacent room. At the moment my budget can only stretch to a pre owned Sonos play 5 gen 1 or 2. Will either of these be compatible and straight forward to install?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Paul A 8 October 2020, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Findy20.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to know what may best fit your existing Sonos system. Let us help you out.

Allow me to share with you first the Sonos S2 compatibility guide to better understand what works with the Sonos S1 or S2 app. Since you already have the Sonos Beam, if you are using the Sonos S2 app to control the Beam, I would suggest going with the Sonos Play 5 Gen 2 as it is compatible with the S2 Sonos App and it is airplay an Airplay 2 enabled device. The Sonos Play 5 Gen 1 is only compatible with the Sonos S1 app which may not work if you are using the Sonos S2 app to control your Sonos Beam.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Perfect. Thanks for answering so quickly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Findy20.

You’re welcome.  Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,