Sonos One vs Bowers & Wilkins DM302

• 13 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Hi!

I just bought some old and used Bowers and Wilkins speakers (DM302). I have heard them myself because I bought them online but watched some videos and it sounded very good. A few weeks ago I listened for the first time to a Play 1 speaker and was blown away by the sound quality.
So my questions are, how will the sound be with these B & W compared to let's say two Sonos One/Play 1?
I know that it might not be fair to compare this but how would the two B & W in stereo be compared to one Sonos One?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, legaim. I can't comment specifically as to the B&W speakers but I would recommend having a listen when you get them to judge for yourself. Obvious as this may sound, this question only has subjective answers. Hopefully someone else will share an opinion on them.
Badge +1
Hi, legaim. I can't comment specifically as to the B&W speakers but I would recommend having a listen when you get them to judge for yourself. Obvious as this may sound, this question only has subjective answers. Hopefully someone else will share an opinion on them.

Thank you Edward for your kind reply. You bring up a good point that it is very subjective when it comes to sound. I must say I was blown away, maybe not literally but figuratively speaking this christmas when I visited a friend that had the Play 1 speaker. The sound quality was excellent and he only had one speaker!
Currently I am a student so money are scarce but I have decided to buy one Sonos One speaker to start out with. I am now saving up money for that and I am looking forward to when I can buy one. Thank you once again for taking of your time and your reply. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm a fan of B&W speakers and have several pair hooked to Sonos Amps. Sound great.

Play:1s sound good (especially after trueplay) but don't have the warmth of a good bookshelf. Now the Play:5 - - It could hold its own against lower range B&W bookshelfs (especially with trueplay).
Badge +1
I'm a fan of B&W speakers and have several pair hooked to Sonos Amps. Sound great.

Play:1s sound good (especially after trueplay) but don't have the warmth of a good bookshelf. Now the Play:5 - - It could hold its own against lower range B&W bookshelfs (especially with trueplay).

Thank you Chris for your comments. It seems like Sonos and B&W is a good combation and you can't fail doing so ;)
Do you think the Play 5 would be similar to the DM 302?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would compare more to 602
Badge +1
I would compare more to 602
Thanks for the input!