Answered

Sonos One speaker stands - any of them secure?

• 29 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi all,

just got my sonos home theater setup and am very happy with the system.  my question is about the surround sound speakers...sonos one.  i’m thinking about using speaker stands but i’ve read all the reviews/posts and it seems that there aren’t any speaker stands that keep the ones very secure.  anyone have any experience or make a recommendation on stands that would keep the ones secure on a stand?  i have kids and dogs and i would rather not take the chance.  thx!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 October 2020, 23:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Speakers on stands are always top heavy. Wall mount them if possible.

While not disagreeing with 106rallye, I’ve been pretty pleased with the Flexson stands for the PLAY:1s I use as surround speakers, they stand up to being lightly jostled by the vacuum. But wall mounting is indeed significantly more secure. I’ve never had their PLAY:5 / Sonos Five version, but I would be somewhat concerned about their top heavy nature. 

Perhaps visiting a local store that has some on display might be an option to explore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With some non-Sonos speakers on stands I was worried about stability due to our cat. I made a simple wood base from an IKEA to go under the stands, about twice the size of the existing base, and clamped the stands to it.

Since you are making it you can even make it an odd shape to offer both support and fit in your space.

Many other sizes available.

17x20 $7.00 https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ivar-shelf-pine-70318161/

Userlevel 2
Badge

i’m going to give the flexson stands a try.  from what i’ve read, it seems they hold the speakers pretty firmly.  if it fails, i’ll just return them and mount them on the walls.  thx!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

so i got the flexson stands over the weekend and i think it’ll work.  the stand is stable from a large base and the one is stable on the stand.  the base the one sits on, is tight enough that it won’t wobble and the power cord is tight so even if it tipped, it won’t fall over.  overall happy w/ my purchase and would recommend it if someone is looking for a stand.  only gripe is how expensive it is...

That’s the rub. In order to get quality, you frequently have to pay more. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s the rub. In order to get quality, you frequently have to pay more. 

agreed