Question

Sonos One group with Siri using Apple Watch

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello

Could you please help me before proceeding with the purchase of 6 units of Sonos One?

1. Can six Sonos One work in groups?

2. I would like to talk to Siri via Apple Watch and hear Siri's response simultaneously across all 6 Sonos One in the Group. Her responses and also her actions, like playing my favorite song. It is possible?

3. I would like to make any sound played by my iphone or apple watch to be played simultaneously on all 6 Sonos One in the Group. It is possible? It is not about when I use the Sonos App to play something for it, but to make any sound that would be played on the Iphone or Apple Watch be played on all 6 Sonos One at the same time, for example, podcasts, messages audio, youtube videos and even calls. I live alone and I move around the house a lot and I didn't want to lose the audio that happens while I move from a room to another.

The problem is that I think it will work well when I use the Sonos App to make something plays, since the App uses Wifi which has more range to control the six speakers at the same time.

On the other hand, about the sounds that will be directed by bluetooth, as it has less range, I don't know if they will work simultaneously.

Maybe if Sonos receives audio, at first via bluetooth,  on the nearest speaker and then, via wifi, share with the other five others, it can work, I don't know if this would be a solution to work well, but I don't mind how it would work, I just would like to know if it will work anyway.

Sincerely, James T.

Thank you very much!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  1. Yes, that is the whole point of Sonos.
  2. No idea, never use Siri, but I doubt it.
  3. Not sure I understand entirely, but you can AirPlay audio from your phone to a compatible Sonos device (or Group). There are several flavors of “Ones”, unfortunately, make sure yours supports AirPlay. Only the Move supports Bluetooth.